Trinischool Educational psychology online school is concerned with how students learn and develop. It emphasises trends in educational development while also focusing on educational diversity.
For teachers and trainers to fulfil their instructional role most effectively, their teaching methods must be grounded in educational psychology. Educational psychology provides a framework for teachers and trainers to plan, create and deliver effective lessons, and assess each student's learning. In this free online course, you will explore the topic of educational psychology in detail. Key development theories related to the learning process are examined and practical classroom examples are supplied to engage the learner throughout the course. Vital material about student diversity is also presented, including strategies and information about working with students with special educational needs. This free online education course will be of great interest to professionals in the education sector who would like a greater knowledge and understanding of educational psychology, and to all students who are interested in the psychology of how we learn and develop.
This online course includes how to:
- Describe the process of learning in terms of educational learning theory
- Differentiate between the two major learning theories: behaviourism and constructivism
- Compare and contrast the two subtypes of constructivism: psychological constructivism and social constructivism
- Identify various psychologists, philosophers and researchers associated with educational learning theory
- Provide everyday examples of development related theories in practice
- Discuss trends in student development
- Identify key cognitive, social and moral development theories
- Discuss physical, social, academic and cognitive difference in gender roles
- Identify how cultural differences affect a student’s educational experience
- Describe the fundamentals of special education
- Describe the main types of disabilities encountered in the mainstream classroom
- Generate a basic individual education plan for a student with special educational needs
- List practical strategies for assisting and teaching students with special educational needs
Classic & Contemporary Psychology
This Trinischool online course in Psychology is an engaging course, and is packed with features to help students understand and evaluate classic and contemporary psychology. It is ideal for those who want to gain comprehensive understanding of the main elements of psychology, and will be of great benefit to students in their career progression.
Topics covered include classical conditioning, learning theory, the biological basis of behaviour, visual perceptions, memory, and cognition. The Research Methodology section allows students to cast a critical eye on the research process, to explore the nature of psychology as an evolving science, and understand some of the ethical issues faced by psychologists.
Upon completion of this psychology course you will have an understanding of classical conditioning terms, ethical issues and much more. It will teach you operant conditioning such as practice, punishment and learning aspects. You will have a good knowledge of psychology of attention such as visual perception, visual illusions, memory, sensory and different theories. This course will help you understand the research methods in psychology, including aspects such as ethical considerations, professional conduct, negative correlation, scatter diagram, strength of correlation when measuring a relationship between variables, placebo effect, random and stratified sampling. This course will be extremely beneficial to you when learning how to write references from journals, books, the internet and CD-ROMS.