This course will be valuable for motivated IT practitioners who wish to undertake postgraduate study preferably working in the Information Security area, as all assignments are workplace based.
Information Security takes you on a journey through governance, management of information, how to develop strategies, responses to incidents, and information risk management. It has been based on the Information Systems Audit and Control Association’s curriculum for information security, and developed to help you work towards an information security management credential.
It includes five modules, which explore:
- Governance and information security
- Developing an information security strategy
- Information security risk assessment and management
- Developing an information security development roadmap, common challenges and measuring success
- Incident management and response.
- Determine the current state of information security in your workplace and recommend how current approaches can be improved.
- Apply risk management approaches.
- Review the incident management and response capability within your organisation.
Who Should Attend
Students should preferably be working in the Information Security area, as all assignments are workplace based. The subject prepares you for the Information Security related Certifications, but management experience is also required for certification. You should also be a motivated IT practitioner who wishes to undertake postgraduate study to increase your knowledge and career opportunities.